Thursday, September 17, 2009

The End

I almost broke the door open. I felt breathless. It felt like someone has torn my heart out. I yelled and tightly cupped by face and let out a big shout. Tears welled, I couldn’t see anything around and I cried mad. I was exhausted and tired and dozed off.

Next morning, I rushed to “P” place, I found it locked. I had no phone to contact her. I woke up her elderly neighbors who seem to have been up for hours and were enjoying the morning tea. The old man had seen me come around often to meet “P”. He didn’t like me; it was easy to make it out by his expressions. He had even expressed that to “P” who he was too fond of. Even before I could say anything he thrusted the letter into my hand and closed the door on me.

I ripped it open to see a goodbye message from “P”. I knock on the door fervently only to find the old man opening the door and giving me an earful. I didn’t catch what he said as the pain was killing me.

I took a taxi to Max’s pad. I was exhausted. I sat quietly on the big couch while Max fixed breakfast. He plunked some pancakes with maple syrup on table, my favorite. We looked at each other and smiled. Max knew the story...

1 comment:

Free Spirit said...

Oh Darn! I always knew you’re my only Moron friend...and this post just reiterates the same fact. Nonetheless, I still love the way you have penned your thoughts and emotions....