Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Beginning

It starts like this... one fine day; I barge into her house and demanded an explanation. Headed straight to her room, I was almost fuming... created a big ruckus... threw things around, tore her photographs, strewn her things on the floor and left. Thats how it started.

I would have loved to be abused and hit and kicked out immediately. I didn't wait for the explanation... I beat it as fast as I got in. Felt relieved and a bit guilty. Relieved because I didn't had to listen to her emotional nonsense anymore and guilty because I did a bit of damage to the stuff in the house, she had worked hard to decorate it. She was passionate about her stuff, the old pictures, the music CD's and the knickknack she had collected on her travel and as gifts. I walked the pavement and followed it to my room on the south side of the noisiest part of the city.

We had been together for couple of springs. I had just started working and she was already working. She teased me about me being couple of years younger to her. We were in love. She wanted cute kids and I wanted a career. I had this lousy job at the far end of the city and the only way one could show up on time was if they started as soon as their alarm went off at 6. I hated my work life. Each morning I dragged myself unwillingly out of the bed into the bathroom, brushed my teeth while I snoozed and shot out the house by 7 with a sandwich in hand and the socks in my pocket.

The reason I didn't stop for an explanation was because I knew she was seeing someone, someone stupid. I hated her choice of replacement more than her breaking up with me. I didn't tell her this. I had been giving her a cold shoulder lately as I was secretly seeing this girl in office. I kept it secret from everybody till it flew in my face. This girl lets name her "P" was hot and made me melt. I hid it from my girlfriend, lets call her "S" until that day when "S" was desperately trying to reach me as she was unwell and wanted someone to help her to the hospital. I ignored her calls and pretended I didn't have the phone on me... I didn't know that "S" was smart enough to sniff the rat.

1 comment:

TaNiYa said...

Wow! this is a great start dude... I surely want to read more.... and find out what happened to "P" & "S" later...
Can we please have an ActII of this play in your following post?